Faith Technologies Incorporated (FTI) recently unveiled its new Lakeside Vision Center in Chilton, Wis. In the press release, the company says it hopes this 19,000 square foot off-grid facility demonstrates what the future may hold with off-grid independence as traditional electricity costs continue to rise across the country. .
The Lakeside Vision Center is the first completed project in a 40-acre, multi-phased, fully off-grid community and includes:
- A real-time energy technology demonstration station, known as the Immersion Room
- A charging station containing level 2 and level 3 electric vehicle (EV) charging systems powered by renewable energy
- Meeting space
- Private corporate hosting space
The facility offers several renewable energy solutions, including:
- A DCentrIQ microgrid consisting of ground and rooftop solar system, battery storage, natural gas generator and DCentrIQ power controls.
- Of them xcape microgrid units with solar storage and ground battery
FTI chose the Lakeside Vision Center location because of its rural location on the eastern shore of Lake Winnebago. The 40-acre area is at the end of the power grid and experiences frequent power interruptions due to weather or other events. FTI’s off-grid community solution provides site-specific power. Future plans call for an off-grid residential community on the property.